fig stuffed pork loin
This dish is a showstopper, perfect for feeding a crowd.
Makes about 8 servings
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add spinach and sauté until wilted. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Holding knife flat and parallel to cutting board, cut horizontally through pork loin, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open flat, as you would a book. Place pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small, heavy skillet. Remove plastic wrap.
3. Season meat with salt and pepper. Spread jam onto meat, leaving a 1” border around all edges. Add the spinach and sprinkle on the goat cheese. Roll up pork jelly-roll fashion. Tie with kitchen twine at 2-3” intervals. Season outside of pork with salt and pepper.
5. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high. Add pork; sear 2 minutes per side or until browned. Place stuffed pork in a roasting pan and cook 30-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of pork registers 145°F.
6. Place pork on a cutting board; let rest 15 minutes.
7. Remove and discard twine. Slice pork into 1” slices and serve with Herbed Apple Gravy.